Vanzay is situated just off the RN10 (or just the N10) 45km south of Poitiers and 50km north of Angoulême. Vanzay is easily accessible by a number of travel alternatives and with la Ferme de l’Eglise being right next door to the church there are no local navigational difficulties on arriving in Vanzay!
There are a number of travelling options to get here:
Vanzay is served by a number of airports within easy travelling distance, served by budget airlines including Ryan Air, Flybe and Easyjet.
- Poitiers airport is the nearest, 40mins driving time
- Angoulême is the next closest, at 50mins driving time
- Limoges – 1hr30 driving time
- La Rochelle – 1hr30 driving time
- Tours – 1hr45 driving time
We offer a collection and return service from these airports and the TGV rail stations at Poitier and Angoulême. Find out more…
There are numerous sailings daily from the UK ferry ports to French ferry ports. For details of all of these crossings click here. Popular crossings are the overnight crossings from Portsmouth to either St Malo or Caen, where a cabin will need to be booked.
Search for 79120 Vanzay on Google maps. The GPS co-ordinates are N 46 13 55 E 0 06 27 or, for a Garmin device N 46 13 55.8 E 0 06 25.2.
Approximate driving times from the French channel ports to Vanzay:
- Roscoff → Rennes → Nantes → Niort → Vanzay: 6hr
- St Malo → Rennes → Nantes → Niort → Vanzay: 4hr30
- Cherbourg → Caen → Le Mans → Tours → Poitiers → Vanzay: 5hr35
- Le Havre → Rennes → Nantes → Niort → Vanzay: 4hr20
- Caen → Le Mans → Tours → Poitiers → Vanzay: 4hr20
- Calais → Amien → Rouen → Le Mans → Tours → Poitiers → Vanzay: 7hr
Remember that when driving in France it is necessary for you to carry all of your driving documents together with your passport, a spare bulb kit, a warning triangle and reflective vests for each occupant. If you have booked the use of one of our classic cars you will need your driving license and your insurance certificate for your own car, as this is a condition of our insurance provider here in France.
TGV connections with Paris at Poitiers Gare SNCF and Angoulême Gare SNCF. Connections with Eurostar service at Lille and Paris Gare Montparnasse.
For your convenience we offer a collection and return service from these airports and the TGV rail stations at Poitier and Angoulême. Find out more…