The village of Vanzay is situated halfway down through France on the western side. To the north is the city of Poitiers and to the south Angoulême. To the west is the coastal town of La Rochelle.
Within two hours drive there are so many unique and wonderful places to visit that it would be difficult to see them all in just a couple of weeks. Here are just a few:
- To the west, La Rochelle and the Ile de Ré
- The wide open beaches of La Côte D’Argent and Royan
- Cognac and Jarnac with their famous brandy chateaux
- To the north, the chateaux of the Loire Valley
- The Marais Poitevin canals
- To the south, the Bordeaux wine region: St Emilion, Medoc, Graves, Pomerol
- Bordeaux and the estuary of the Gironde
Map and directions
The map below displays where we are. If you click through on the link to “View the larger map” beneath the map you can plan your route.
Vanzay is situated just off the RN10 (or just the N10) 45km south of Poitiers and 50km north of Angoulême. Search for 79120 Vanzay on Google maps. The GPS co-ordinates are N 46 13 55 E 0 06 27 or, for a Garmin device N 46 13 55.8 E 0 06 25.2. Read more…
We offer a complimentary collection and return service to guests who have reserved one of our classic cars for the entire duration of their stay. We can provide the same service to other guests, given that we have advance notice. Read more…